All aircraft that are used or are going to be used for Private Pilots License (PPL) training (this includes aircraft used full time by schools and aircraft used for owner training) must have an initial assessment to confirm suitability for PPL training done with the Civil Aviation
Authority even if such aircraft has previously been issued with a training ATF.
Only aircraft used solely for Part 62, National Pilot License training will be exempt from this requirement.
AIRWORTHINES RENEWAL OF AUTHORITIES TO FLY
* All NTC aircraft registered with MTOW of less than 600 Kg, and used for private and training purposes
* All NTC aircraft registered with MTOW of less than 1200 Kg and used for private only purposes
* Annual Inspection: Application form RA 24.1 must be completed.
* Renewal: Application form RA 24.2 must be completed and must be accompanied by the form RA24.1.
1. Original Document: Annual inspection report form RA 24.1
2. Original Document: Application form RA24.2
3. Copy of Release-to-Service
5. Copy of valid Mass-and-Balance (within the last 5 years)
6. Copy of Equipment List (lists instruments and avionics)
7. Copy of Radio Station Licence (ICASA)
8. Copy of last 12 months of Flight Folio (Aircraft flying history)
9. Copy of last 12 months of Airframe-Logbook (Aircraft maintenance history, incl maintenance performed)
10. Copy of the Certificate of Registration (C of R);
11. Copy of previous Authority to Fly (ATF);
12. Proof of current Aeroclub Membership for AP and Aircraft owner (refer to Part 94.06.1)
12. Proof of payment of the prescribed fee as in Part 187;
Branch code: 012342
Acc #: 020615264
If all required documents do not accompany the applications, RAASA will not be able to process the application in reasonable time
* All original application forms and original copies to be sent to RAASA by registered mail or courier
* The original Authority to Fly will be posted by RAASA per registered mail to the aircraft owner
- please supply physical address for overnight return option
* It is the owner’s responsibility to send a set copies to the AP